Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sterling Minerals Goes To Video

Hi Everyone,

Well I finally did it! I produced my first video on YouTube as an introduction to me and sort of getting my feet wet in this latest technology for my business. It is through the urging and coaxing of my customers I summoned the courage to take this next step.

After 50 retakes and 4 days, I ended up with a 1.4 minute blurb. Getting relaxed and staying relaxed in front of a camera is not a simple task. My husband couldn't even be in the same room with me because he would make me get all tongue tied....but I still did anyway.

Even with my notes staring at me just off camera, getting stuck somewhere seems to be inevitable. The day before yesterday, I ended up with 3 that I thought were keepers but after an entire day and feeling exhausted, I deleted them all.

Things I dealt with, lipstick was crooked, hair was out of place, because I rolled it up to look so nice for the camera, eyeshadow looked weird, lighting was bad, telephone rang, dryer clanked in the background and on and on...if it wasn't one thing it was another. I turned the camera off, set it to recharge because I drained that battery twice in a day and basically decided I'll give it the old college try tomorrow.

So yesterday I woke up, ate, showered, left my hair wild, (too tired to curl it) put my mineral makeup on and put on my producers' hat and went to town. For some reason I was able to get it in two takes....figures... not perfect....but hey none of us are. Now if I can only figure out a way to get a still frame that doesn't make me look weird. Ah well C'est la vie....such is life.

So enjoy and come visit me on YouTube.



For those that are having trouble viewing this here or cannot view it perhaps in their email delivery please click on Sterling Minerals Media Zone Channel and you may watch it there and also subscribe if you like to receive updates as they are loaded into my media zone.

Feel free to leave me your comments, suggestions, critiques (be nice now) and any feedback you wish. I appreciate hearing from you very much.

Well that's it! Wow...I am at a loss for words because the video has replaced them....this could be a good thing and a real timesaver....only time will tell.

Take Care and have a great weekend!

Cheers ;~)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

No comments:

Post a Comment