Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Is A Time For Sharing And Caring

Well folks, it is that incredible time of year for gathering with family and friends to partake in the festive cornucopia of Turkey, Stuffing, your favorite Casserole, Jello Molds, hot steaming Croissants and lastly the decadent deserts which includes the proverbial pumpkin pie.

The display on the table is so beautiful, full of colors which remain true to fall shades. The holidays are my most favorite time of the year, are they yours?

The house fills with the subtle aromas of cinnamon, ginger, pumpkin pie and the turkey from roasting all day. The gourmet fixin's are an enticing one which gets the mouth to watering and is only rivaled by Christmas's feast.

Thanksgiving for many, is also a time to be thankful for the things we have rather than worrying about the things we don't. It is also a day which launches most of America into a frenzy to begin the Christmas shopping game, beginning with Black Friday. I never understood this description for the biggest shopping day of the entire year.....it sounds so dismal for such a colorful time of the year.

It is a time to watch the last of the crimson leaves drift away on the breeze as the trees drop their splendid fall color and give way to the colder temperatures. Snow begins to float down from the gray sky.... and bundled up inside by the fire, humming along with my Christmas Carols, recalling fondly holidays past, I watch the fluffy snow flock the wispy limbs and the few remaining leaves hanging on until the last, giving stark contrast to the lovely fall colors as they recede into winter. So beautiful!

I will be having a large gathering at my home as well and we will all decorate the tree and the house on this day. It has been tradition in our household since my kids were little. Now they are all grown and doing their own thing. I am happy however, our home is where they return for the fun, games, warmth and love.

There are so few traditions left in today's hectic world that I am grateful for those we are able to cherish despite the economy and unrest in the world. Sentimentally, I am caught up in the holiday fervor and truly love the cheery feeling it creates in my soul.

Whether a person believes in it or not, you simply can't ignore the festivities and decorations which surround us everywhere we go. Christmas Carols playing on the radio and in every mall across the country. Cookies baking continually over the next month, their lingering scent combined with the crisp pine fragrance of the Christmas Tree that sits in that perfect spot showing off the gala display of holiday color, creating an ambiance of comfort and joy. It puts a jig in my step, a smile on my face and makes me feel just a bit better about the future. I witness those around me becoming lighter in spirit and give more of themselves. I do so love this time of year.

And after all is said and done in preparing the large feast for my family and friends, and we have all said our thanks and have sated our bellies on the vast spread of food, I'll be joyous and grateful for my family being together, and I will sigh and smile just a bit as I watch them all slowly drift off into a turkey coma.

I will also be remembering those who cannot be with us on this day or with their families and I will say a prayer for those and theirs.

From our family to yours, we wish you and yours a wonderful holiday....Have a Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays!

Cheers!

Gobble...Gobble!



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

No comments:

Post a Comment